Thursday, March 10, 2011

Last Night...

I was on Elmwood Ave. at night, outside, in the dark, surrounded by trees....d'oh!

I fail at this. I really do. I'm almost tempted to return home, but not yet. Not when I got so far. It's just I'm really new...at this traveling stuff. I was a shut-in. Rebecca on the other hand knows the city better than me. I probably should've got a map before I left...

But I got one now! I saw a library that sold them and...I'm sitting in that library now. Yup, looks like I'm  not too far from the psychiatric center now, probably just have to take a bus or two and I'll be all set.

I'm really nervous about all this, believe me. Last night I thought I was gonna see him for sure. There were so many trees around, I never really noticed how many trees Buffalo has. Even main streets have trees all over the frickin' place in some places. Up here in North Buffalo anyways. Particularly...the farther up north you go. I remember a time when my mother went so far up north past Hamburg, we end up getting to the mountains. I can only hope to put my reaction when viewing those mountains coming up from the horizon in words. I think I had a nightmare about that yesterday. I suppose I don't really think about lucid dreaming and recall much now. It was like any old nightmare, but it was so vivid. I was in the woods, during camp, and I saw a girl in the woods, all of my friends did. But I was the only one who saw what stood behind her. It reminded me of a ghost story someone told me during a school camp trip in the sixth grade. Being out there, out here, right now.

You think about stuff a lot.

Like Frank, what would've happened if I went to the park in the first place? Would I be dead and he still alive? I'm actually starting to think I should've went there. Because now I'm traveling across Buffalo looking for my mother at an old creepy center for the insane even though my mother may not even be there. Dad's probably worried sick.

Dad, I'm okay. I'm a bit clueless but okay.

As it turns out I didn't even have to sleep on the ground last night.

I missed an apartment complex. Ha!

I'm turning 18 soon, so I'll just lie about my age until then. Should prove to be no trouble (I hope).

In the mean time I have some books dad lent to me to read, so it looks like I'm actually doing something bookish whenever I'm in the library. Don't get me wrong, I'm reading this shit too. It's just...yeah.

I fucking suck at this running stuff. But at least I haven't seen Slender Man yet.


...

I just jinxed it didn't I?

1 comment: