Monday, January 17, 2011

Yeah, Rebecca

You’re probably wondering who she is. Really she’s just a friend of mine, but she’s also the best friend I ever had. We knew each other ever since we were both in the second grade at a park. I was swinging on the swings, enjoying the feeling of the wind through my hair. Swinging is my favorite park activity ya know? There’s just something swinging through the air that gives you the feeling of flying. I used to believe I was the best swinger in the playground until I met Rebecca. I didn’t notice her at first, but then I looked to the left of me and lo and behold there was a girl there swinging higher than me! I still remember that sly grin on her face. It irked me so I challenged her to a contest to see who could swing the highest. She won. But I’m over that now. I can’t even remember feeling angry and jealous. We’re friends now aren’t we?

Anyways, Rebecca was the one who suggested I made this blog. Apparently she thought I needed to become more open and thought a blog was the best way to do so. It’s kind of weird…but whatever. So, here I am opening myself up to complete strangers, surprisingly it’s not as embarrassing as I thought it would be. In fact, I don’t feel as shy now. I don’t know why I was holding it off until now. I guess I was a little bit paranoid. I mean, would you want to share your deepest secrets with the world? ….Although, when I was typing out the last post, it felt like I can share anything, like this was my little journal. Yeah, that’s it! It’s almost like a little journal...only on the internet. Yeah. Oh God, this sounds so silly, I think I’m becoming shy again. Haha. Rebecca, just wait until school on Tuesday.

Hmm, I wonder if she’s reading this right now. That would be kind of weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment